Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center offers a comprehensive and competitive Total Rewards package designed to acknowledge the contributions of our staff, as well as to meet the needs of their families.
Advance...the rewards of caring acknowledges the care that our employees put into their jobs every day at MSKCC. The program provides benefits, tools, resources and services to help employees advance at work, and in their lives outside of work. MSKCC's Total Rewards package includes:
Memorial Sloan-Kettering's FlexNow Program recognizes that as life changes, so do the benefit needs of our employees. At Memorial Sloan-Kettering, employees are able to choose the plans that best fit their needs. Flexible benefits include:
Memorial Sloan-Kettering offers different medical plans to meet the health needs of staff and their families.
Employees may choose between two dental plans to help pay for preventive, diagnostic, and restorative dental care.
Employees can maintain good eye health and receive great value on eye care and eyewear by enrolling in a supplemental vision plan.
Employees can protect their income should they become disabled and unable to work due to an illness or injury. All Memorial Sloan-Kettering employees are provided with core long-term disability coverage paid for by Memorial Sloan-Kettering. However, employees may purchase additional long-term disability coverage under two supplemental plans.
Accidental Death and Dismemberment
No one can predict when an accident will happen. Staff can choose to protect their family's financial well-being in the event of premature death or disability due to an accident on or off the job.
Memorial Sloan-Kettering offers 13 different levels of term life insurance coverage. Employees can decide on the amount of coverage that is right for them.
Health and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
Optional flexible spending accounts allow employees to set aside a portion of their salary to pay for eligible health and dental expenses not covered by insurance plans, as well as IRS-approved dependent care expenses (such as day care or preschool tuition). Money contributed to the flexible spending accounts is deducted from pay before payroll taxes are taken out.
Memorial Sloan-Kettering encourages and rewards long-term employees by offering a retirement program that includes voluntary, tax-deferred annuity plans. The plans offer a range of options to help employees save for the future.
In addition to 12 paid holidays every year, employees are eligible for vacation time based on their job classification and length of service.
Sick leave allows employees to receive their regular salary for a period of time if an illness or injury prevents them from working.
The Tuition Reimbursement Program provides financial assistance to help employees further their education, enhance their skills and knowledge, and improve their ability to face future challenges at Memorial Sloan-Kettering. The program offers reimbursement for eligible employees for certificates, undergraduate degrees, graduate degrees, laboratory fees, registration fees, and professional license exam fees up to a total of 18 credits and $10,000 per calendar year for full-time employees, and up to a total of 9 credits and $5,000 per year for part-time employees (working at least 18.75 hours per week).
Commuter Spending Account Program
Optional salary deductions allow employees to pay for eligible commuting expenses to and from work on a monthly basis. The money that employees contribute to a commuter spending account may be deducted from pay before payroll taxes are taken out.
MSKCC also offers employees some of the most innovative benefits found at any workplace, including:
These programs and services help employees navigate the challenges involved in managing work and personal commitments.
- Backup Child and Adult/Elder Care - to provide emergency backup care in centers or in-home for children (including mildly ill children) and in-home for adults/elders
- Lactation Rooms - to provide nursing mothers with private spaces to pump at work
- LifeCare Resource and Referral Service - to help employees find resources on a wide range of topics
- Nanny Resource Website - to help with child care searches
- Adoption Reimbursement Program - to assist with expenses related to adoption
- Flexible Work Arrangements - to offer employees, when appropriate to the job, flextime, telecommuting, compressed work weeks, job shares, and part-time work
- Employee Assistance Program - to provide short-term counseling and referrals to help employees and their families cope with personal problems such as depression, addiction, and relationship difficulties
- Carpool Matching - to bring commuters together for financial and environmental savings
- EduProfile - to learn about New York City schools and search for related information
- Work/Life Seminars - to offer useful information on child care, education, elder care, and flexibility for staff
Employee Wellness Program
Memorial Sloan-Kettering recognizes that our employees are our greatest asset. The MSKCC Wellness Program is designed to support the health and well-being of employees and their families, and includes programs related to exercise and fitness, weight and nutrition, cancer screening services, and tobacco cessation.
The Memorial Sloan-Kettering Employee Discount Program offers discounts to staff on a variety of products and services. These discounts help save in many areas such as health and wellness, family fun and entertainment, shopping and dining, travel, and consumer technology products.